Friends (Associate Members)
Friend (Associate) membership is open to unpublished or aspiring children's authors, illustrators and performers. Self-published authors or illustrators, in print, print on demand or e-book, including through sole-proprietorship companies are welcome to be a CANSCAIP Friend. Librarians, teachers, designers, parents, editors and publishers, can also join CANSCAIP as a Friend.
Each CANSCAIP Friend receives:
- CANSCAIP News e-quarterly and CANSCAIP meeting notes monthly.
- regular meetings with others who care about children’s literature.
- Friends section on the website with helpful articles
- Blue Pencil program for your work to be critiqued by a CANSCAIP Mentor (for an additional fee).
- participation in CANSCAIP's Critique Exchange Forum
- post information about events, awards and new creations on the CANSCAIP blog.
Friend fee: $45 CDN yearly
To become a Friend, go to our online application.
By mail: Please send your name, email, phone and mailing address, with a cheque for $45 to:
720 Bathurst St., Suite 503
Toronto, ON M5S 2R4